Closing time and date
The National Blood Authority (NBA) is an Australian Government statutory agency whose role is to work in a collaborative manner with the Commonwealth and all State and Territory governments and other responsible parties to ensure that Australia's blood supply is safe, secure, adequate, and affordable.
You will be part of the Finance team within the Finance and Business Services section. This section is responsible for the management of all financial (including a budget of over $1.6 billion) and business services across the NBA.
The Senior Finance Officer will drive the financial operations of the NBA, including the accounts payable and receivable function, taxation obligations, internal and government monthly reporting whilst adhering to the Commonwealth Resource Management Framework. This role reports to the Deputy Chief Finance Officer who is responsible for the effective leadership of the Financial Operations, Compliance and Reporting function and the delivery of associated activities and outcomes.
Primary job purpose
Although not exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities of this position will require you to:
- Prepare and deliver accurate periodic and ad-hoc financial reports, and support the preparation of year-end financial statements;
- Oversee the accounts receivable and accounts payable function, manage the organisational asset register, perform various month-end and year-end activities, general ledger maintenance, and preparing the Business Activity Statement;
- Manage associated financial processes such as stocktakes, audits and other cash management related functions;
- Support the preparation of government and internal budgets;
- Undertake a broad range of business services functions;
- Work in a collaborative manner to achieve team goals;
- Prepare and contribute to papers, minutes, presentations and correspondence;
- Respond to requests from other government agencies and stakeholders;
- Build effective relationships and achieve negotiation outcomes with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Contribute to NBA organisational strategy and culture.
Please see the job description below for detailed information and how to respond to the selection criteria.
If you have any enquiries about this vacancy, please contact Priyanka Mishra, Deputy Chief Finance Officer on 02 6151 5094.