The Patient Blood Management (PBM) Guidelines are a series of six modules that focus on evidence-based PBM. The modules are intended to assist and guide clinical decisions and coordination of healthcare across the primary, secondary and tertiary care settings for patient-specific groups requiring blood or blood products as part of their treatment. To access the Guidelines visit the Patient Blood Management Guidelines page.
Launch of Module 6
The PBM Guidelines Module 6 Neonatal and Paediatrics was launched and presented at the Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand (PSANZ) Annual Congress in Townsville on 22-25 May 2016.
Launch of modules 4 & 5
The PBM Guidelines Modules 4 Critical Care and Module 5 Obstetrics and Maternity were launched at the National Blood Authority symposium in Brisbane on 11-12 June 2015.
Module 5 was also promoted and presented as an e-poster, by Dr Helen Savoia at RCOG/RANZCOG World Congress 2015 upon its release in Brisbane on 12-15 April 2015.
Launch of Modules 1, 2 & 3
The PBM Guidelines Module 1 Critical Bleeding/Massive Transfusion, Module 2 Perioperative and Module 3 Medical were officially launched on 19 September 2012 by the Chief Medical Officer of Australia, Professor Chris Baggoley.
The event was officiated by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s national medical reporter, Sophie Scott. Speakers included:
- Mr Leigh McJames, the then General Manager of the National Blood Authority;
- Associate Professor Larry McNicol presenting Module 1 – Critical Bleeding/Massive Transfusion;
- Mr Daryl Teague presenting Module 2 – Perioperative; and
- Associate Professor Craig French presenting Module 3 - Medical and future modules.
Presentations from the Launch
Module 1 Critical Bleeding/Massive Transfusion
Presentation by Associate Professor Larry McNicol
- Presentation slides (pdf) (1.77 MB)
- Presentation slides (ppt) (2.87 MB)
- Transcript of audio (pdf) (149.55 KB)
- Transcript of audio (docx) (20.1 KB)
Module 2- Perioperative
Presentation by Mr Daryl Teague
- Presentation slides (pdf) (1.42 MB)
- Presentation slides (ppt) (2.09 MB)
- Transcript of audio (pdf) (126.96 KB)
- Transcript of audio (docx) (22.8 KB)
Module 3 Medical
Presentation by Associate Professor Craig French
- Presentation slides (pdf) (3.04 MB)
- Presentation slides (ppt) (5.82 MB)
- Transcript of audio (pdf) (133.03 KB)
- Transcript of audio (docx) (24.06 KB)
Presentation by Professor Chris Baggoley
- Presentation slides (pdf) (589.04 KB)
- Presentation slides (ppt) (3.2 MB)
- Transcript of audio (pdf) (133.92 KB)
- Transcript of audio (docx) (23.88 KB)