Interfacing health provider Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) into BloodNet to eliminate double-entry and speed the transfer of data between all stakeholders in the blood sector is now possible.
Full BloodNet-LIS interfaces using industry standard web-service calls can enable you to:
- Receipt units received from the Australian Red Cross Lifeblood into BloodNet, and then have the full details of these units (such as the component code, expiry date, group, modifiers and phenotypes) populated into your LIS ready for group-checking prior to going into your available inventory;
- Have your LIS automatically update your full inventory levels into BloodNet every fifteen minutes, ensuring that your most up-to-date inventory levels are available in BloodNet when you place stock orders viewable in near real time on the new BloodNet dashboard (only available to LIS enabled sites); and
- Record the transfer, discard or transfusion of units into your LIS and have these details automatically uploaded to BloodNet.
These data flows are illustrated in the diagram below, click on the diagram to enlarge it.
FIGURE: BloodNet-LIS interface data flow
If you are interested in viewing and downloading the interface specifications detailing the requirements to develop a BloodNet LIS Interface please click here.
|Apollo (Sonic Healthcare)||Currently under development|
|AUSLAB (Citadel Health)||In production|
|BloodTrack (Haemonetics)||Available for implementation|
|e-Blood(Citadel Health)||In production|
|EVOLUTION (Citadel Health)||Available for implementation|
|MediPATH (LRS Health)||Awaiting quote from vendor|
|Millenium PathNet (Cerner)||Currently under development|
|Pathology Laboratory System (Kestral)||Currently under development|
|Sunquest Blood Bank (Sunquest Information Systems)||Currently under development|
|TrakCare Laboratory (Intersystems)||In production|
|Ultra (Cirdan)||Available for implementation|
To understand the benefits of BloodNet LIS certification and see the current certified BloodNet LIS Certified interfaces please click here.
Alternatively if you are a Vendor or Facility who just wants to have your LIS BloodNet LIS Interface Certified please click one of the following two links to navigate to the process that you will need to achieve certification:
Benefits of an Interface Implementation
After successful implementation of the BloodNet to eBlood Interface the Project Summary Report was completed. This report highlighted the successful collaboration between the National Blood Authority and NSW Department of Health and specifically detailed the benefit realisation that was achieved and discovered through implementation. The excerpt of the Project Summary Report illustrates the benefits and time savings achieved from this interface implementation, links below.
- BloodNet Interface Project Benefits Summary (pdf) (242.78 KB)
- BloodNet Interface Project Benefits Summary (docx) (60.82 KB)
If you would like any further information or want to discuss how you can enjoy the benefits of BloodNet-LIS interfaces, please contact Nathan Kruger, Assistant Director, Risk and Security.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 13 000 BLOOD (13 000 25663)
- Fax 02 6151 5210